Located in the heart of the coveted Beach Barber Tract just north of Windansea beach, this 1950's historical jewel box is a rare landmark property. Offering protected 180+ degree ocean views, the 2335 sq. Ft. quintessential beach house features three en-suite bedrooms, each designed to generously and privately accommodate guests and family. An open floor plan with views from nearly every room, the home recently completed a six-year renovation with architect Joshua Wood and interiors firm Clayton Collier & Associates sparing no expense when it came to the details. Beyond the steel reinforced structure which boasts new HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security and automation, the home also enjoys the ultimate conveniences in a lock-it-and-leave-it property, right down to an internal water shut off. Flooded with natural light, the coastal ambience of this home is further enhanced by ceilings clad in custom shiplap and paneling, stacking, wall-to-wall French doors which turn the lush central reef stone covered courtyard into an indoor/outdoor living environment, and two wood burning fireplaces. A 150k custom millwork package features everything from Blum drawer slides, antique hinges and hardware, built-in doggie/child gates, to a hand lacquered Farrow & Ball eggshell finish - all while maintaining the original character of the home. Reclaimed 3" white oak floors in a chevron pattern on the main floor are beautifully coordinated with matching dark walnut - stained planking in the master, guest and bunk room suites. A selection of Borghese Calcutta, Bella Carrara and Thassas marble adorn the bathrooms and kitchen, carefully coordinated to each room. Perrin & Rowe, RW Atlas from Waterworks and Kallistas modern "One" collection are all finished in polished nickel throughout. Recessed art and task lighting only further highlight the beauty of this special La Jolla seaside retreat.
Additional Property Highlights Include:
- Only the second owner in nearly 4 decades!
- Newly completed reconstruction from the ground up.
- Recorded protected view easement on three oceanfront properties which cannot build more than 36 inches above front door step
- Newly installed surround sound, Sonos system, Apple TV, upgraded Wifi Extenders and 6 port Cat 5 ethernet wiring
- Kitchen equipped with LaCanache 5 burner stove, Sub Zero refrigeration, two sub zero 700 series drawers, Blum hardware, built-in pantry, coffee station and Utility closet, Borghese marble counters, Custom cabinetry, art and task lighting throughout
- Ocean views from main floor living room, front and back patio and kitchen
- Ocean views from second floor bedrooms and bathrooms
- Two wood burning fireplaces in Living Room and Outdoor Patio equipped with gas logs and starters
- Custom hardwood French Oak floors in chevron pattern
- Fully retractable custom, historically correct French doors off living room
- Polished nickel faucets and fixtures throughout
- Waterworks Atlas Collection and Empire tub.
- Guest quarters with separate entrance option,
- Separate security systems from front home and guest quarters.
- Central Heating and Air Conditioning (new HVAC air conditioning compressor within the past 2-3 years)
- Reinforced common wall for sound/privacy
- New plumbing and electrical throughout
- Upgraded electrical panel
- Full washer/dryer hookups within
- Vaulted ceilings on second floor
Property Features Include: Waterfront, 2 fireplaces: living room and outdoor patio, Gated Entry, security system and security lights, Sonos surround sound audio system, Separate Guest Quarters, attached garage, gated driveway, central forced air, forced air heating unit
Views Include: Water, Sunset
Home Owners Assoc. Fee: $0
Association Type: No HOA!
Built in: 1952
Designed by: Architect: Joshua Wood, Design Firm: Clayton Collier & Associates
Approximate Square Feet:
Roof: Shingle roof.
Lot Acres: .13